Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Two Trains One Station

At Au Contraire Sean Williams talked about writing multiple books at once, usually due to contractual deadlines.
Marianne de Pierres has also said she works on more than one novel project at a time.

So I feel less guilty about entertaining ideas for a novel length manuscript of a short story (10,000 words) that I wrote earlier this year called 'Engines of Empathy.' It's as far removed from the horror of Tankbread as you can get. A decidedly more whimsical tale of a world similar to our own, where all machines and technology run on 'Empathic Energy' rather than electricity. This gives them an almost anthropomorphic state, without actually being alive or sentient.

Of course I also have the opening chapters for 'Kermadec' a grim crime novel set in Kaikoura (renamed as Kaimoana) and the very dark comedy that I've done about 20K of 'Angry Man.'

And let's not forget the remaining episodes of Doctor Who that need to be written, the casting calls I need to complete and the mixing I need to do. All of which is due nowish.

No comments:

Post a Comment